What is Pop-Up Canada?
- A temporary Canadian Consulate in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh with a conference space, media centre, meeting space, exhibits and a fun zone.
- Pop-Up Canada! connects the Canadian Consulate team with partners in Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania — part of Canada’s commitment to enhancing and growing its relationship with the region.
- Canadian business and political leaders are meeting with key regional representatives to highlight the mutual benefits of our considerable trade relationship and promote deeper economic integration.
- Key themes at Pop-Up Canada! will include energy, trade and security: the three pillars of cooperation between Canada and Pennsylvania.
- Canada is Pennsylvania’s largest trading partner and export market receiving almost 30% of the state’s foreign-bound goods.
- There are 46 Canadian companies in the Pittsburgh region and more than 20,000 Pennsylvanians are employed by Canadian-owned businesses.
- Pittsburgh is a dynamic city and important energy hub with natural connections to Canada as a global energy leader.
Pop-Up Canada! is grateful for the generous support of all of our event partners listed below. Please visit our Partners page.
- The Province of Ontario
- The Province of Alberta
- The Province of Quebec
- South Pointe Chamber of Commerce
- NOVA Chemicals
- Pennsylvania Business Council
- Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry
- Catalyst Connection
- SMC Business Councils
- Pittsburgh Regional Alliance
- K&L Gates